Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Custom-made AP

Simply get a USB WIFI adapter, any brand will be fine, as long as you can swap this WIFI with AP and Node mode. I use Storm USB wireless card.

Attached the USB and a usb extension cable, for wide range use, cos this satellite is too big, and i attached it on the panel.


I don't want people to get me wrong, i remove the previous device attached on it and replace it with my wireless card. And the cable will be lying straight not like what you see now. This is a dispose satellite by my friends' friends. So ASTRO, please don blame me on using it.

The USB cable connected to computer and tested it raised up a lot on signal, but on how many DBi i really don't know. Maybe someone can give me some software to test it? i know it work perfect as previous connected WIFI product show "good" status on the wireless connection where now is "excellent". I will try more with this kind of method, who said it wouldn't work? You never try you never know. There is a bunch of people using this method and philology in here http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

string hedging thainon slid certificates posed rigid utensils tools agefqhc vets
lolikneri havaqatsu

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home